Thursday, December 11, 2008

Any Takers?

Let's face it, I've been getting busy lately, and I am about to become more so. I was asked to do this blog by someone who started the network and has pretty much disappeared. It isn't like I get paid or cool freebies, and with the other writing I do get paid to do on top of my own shit I'm becoming less inclined to keep going with this thing. It isn't like I write long winded reviews, or in-depth interviews, but it has gotten annoying when I have the nagging feeling I should "post something" here. Better for me just to cut it off completely so I have one less thing on my plate. Sorry if that sounds douchey and selfish, but #1 comes first and I'm just trying to be practical. Besides, I always thought my friends found my being selfish, vain, crass, and the overall contempt for humanity to be endearing.

While I do think there isn't sufficient coverage about the arts scene in Cleveland (The Plain Dealer being a joke since there is one art critic -- ahem architecture critic -- who wears a stinkin' beret!), there are some other goods sites like Pink Eye Magazine, www.HelloMyNameIsArt.com and Cleveland Art Project. I think I compiled a pretty good list of links on the blogroll too.

If anyone in the Cleveland are would like to take over this spot, please do email me. The glory can be yours, if anything it'll give you an excuse to get out of the house.

1 comment:

BomTrown said...

yeah...i kind of dropped the attachment to the name "urbancode" a while ago, but I still blog about the arts and all that.

a touch of gas....? pffffft.